lilypond.git
2 years agoAdd '-dcrop' option to ps and svg backends master
Étienne Beaulé [Fri, 4 Aug 2017 05:21:44 +0000 (02:21 -0300)]
Add '-dcrop' option to ps and svg backends

This change allows the output of scores in the format provided by the
'-dpreview' option but including all systems, not just the first.

This would allow for easier SVG use in HTML, without the need for
cropping snippets. Further, SVG is an HTML standard, and its vector
nature makes its use unparalleled for the web. This change would allow
SVG use in 'lilypond-book' in the future.

2 years agoIssue 5168 Let arpeggio-bracket/slur depend on grob-property thickness
Thomas Morley [Fri, 28 Jul 2017 21:09:14 +0000 (23:09 +0200)]
Issue 5168 Let arpeggio-bracket/slur depend on grob-property thickness

Before, used thickness based only on line-thickness from layout.
For brackets it's now the multiplication of line-thickness and grob's
thickness.
Slur-style-arpeggios now rely on grob-properties thickness and
line-thickness, both multiplies with layout line-thickness.
Similiar to real Slurs.

2 years agoIssue 5164: Doc: Add usage of OpenType font feature
Masamichi Hosoda [Wed, 26 Jul 2017 12:04:33 +0000 (21:04 +0900)]
Issue 5164: Doc: Add usage of OpenType font feature

This commit adds the usage of OpenType font feature
added in Issue 1388 to the document.

2 years agoIssue 5167/7: markup-partial regtest: use \markup function assignment
David Kastrup [Fri, 28 Jul 2017 18:53:23 +0000 (20:53 +0200)]
Issue 5167/7: markup-partial regtest: use \markup function assignment

2 years agoIssue 5167/6: Changes: show \markup xxx = ... \etc assignments
David Kastrup [Fri, 28 Jul 2017 18:43:58 +0000 (20:43 +0200)]
Issue 5167/6: Changes: show \markup xxx = ... \etc assignments

2 years agoIssue 5167/5: Allow defining markup commands in LilyPond syntax
David Kastrup [Thu, 10 Dec 2015 12:05:59 +0000 (13:05 +0100)]
Issue 5167/5: Allow defining markup commands in LilyPond syntax

This works with assignments of the form

    \markup with-red = \markup \with-color #red \etc

or similar.  The resulting definition (in addition to being available
as \with-red command inside of markups) can be used with the `markup'
macro and also gets a `make-with-red-markup' convenience function.

2 years agoIssue 5167/4: Parser: let `assignment_id' return a symbol
David Kastrup [Fri, 28 Jul 2017 15:36:18 +0000 (17:36 +0200)]
Issue 5167/4: Parser: let `assignment_id' return a symbol

That's actually what's needed rather than a string.

2 years agoIssue 5167/3: Split off `markup-lambda' from `define-markup-command'
David Kastrup [Fri, 28 Jul 2017 14:57:17 +0000 (16:57 +0200)]
Issue 5167/3: Split off `markup-lambda' from `define-markup-command'

Also `markup-list-lambda' from `define-markup-list-command'.

2 years agoIssue 5167/2: Let `make-markup' fetch the signature itself
David Kastrup [Fri, 28 Jul 2017 12:51:46 +0000 (14:51 +0200)]
Issue 5167/2: Let `make-markup' fetch the signature itself

Also don't export it from markup-macros.scm: it is an internal function.

2 years agoIssue 5167/1: Reorganize markup commands to use object properties
David Kastrup [Sat, 22 Jul 2017 20:08:13 +0000 (22:08 +0200)]
Issue 5167/1: Reorganize markup commands to use object properties

This loosens the ties between the actual markup function and its
calling methods.

2 years agoPO: fetch Swedish from the FTP
Jean-Charles Malahieude [Mon, 7 Aug 2017 10:55:01 +0000 (12:55 +0200)]
PO: fetch Swedish from the FTP

2 years agoRelease: bump VERSION.
Phil Holmes [Sun, 6 Aug 2017 13:06:34 +0000 (14:06 +0100)]
Release: bump VERSION.

2 years agoRelease: bump Welcome versions.
Phil Holmes [Sun, 6 Aug 2017 10:21:05 +0000 (11:21 +0100)]
Release: bump Welcome versions.

2 years agoRelease: update news.
Phil Holmes [Sun, 6 Aug 2017 10:21:05 +0000 (11:21 +0100)]
Release: update news.

2 years agoPO: update template.
Phil Holmes [Sun, 6 Aug 2017 10:21:05 +0000 (11:21 +0100)]
PO: update template.

2 years agoRelease: bump VERSION_DEVEL.
Phil Holmes [Sun, 6 Aug 2017 10:21:05 +0000 (11:21 +0100)]
Release: bump VERSION_DEVEL.

2 years agoIssue 5166/2: Doc: Delete note for svg backend which become unnecessary
Masamichi Hosoda [Fri, 28 Jul 2017 16:11:05 +0000 (01:11 +0900)]
Issue 5166/2: Doc: Delete note for svg backend which become unnecessary

Issue 4776 changed default fonts of svg backend.
This commit deletes note which become unnecessary.

2 years agoIssue 5166/1: Doc: Update default font description
Masamichi Hosoda [Fri, 28 Jul 2017 16:03:17 +0000 (01:03 +0900)]
Issue 5166/1: Doc: Update default font description

Issue 4332, 4441, 4544, 4552, 4776, 4987 etc. changed default fonts.
This commit updates the document.

2 years agoIssue 5163: Update URW++ OTF files
Masamichi Hosoda [Wed, 26 Jul 2017 11:53:58 +0000 (20:53 +0900)]
Issue 5163: Update URW++ OTF files

URW++ has been released URW++ core 35 fonts 2017-07-20.
It has some bugfixes.

This commit makes configure script can find latest URW++ OTF files (2017-07-20).
http://git.ghostscript.com/?p=urw-core35-fonts.git;a=tree;hb=1f28a6fcd2176256a995db907d9ffe6e1b9b83e9

It also can find previously released files (2017-05 and 2016).
http://git.ghostscript.com/?p=urw-core35-fonts.git;a=tree;hb=e3c665a8a3df36a54b22ad0b6176283db5310f97
http://git.ghostscript.com/?p=urw-core35-fonts.git;a=tree;hb=79bcdfb34fbce12b592cce389fa7a19da6b5b018

2 years agoDoc: CG, explain other git prompt variables
Federico Bruni [Thu, 20 Jul 2017 20:23:57 +0000 (21:23 +0100)]
Doc: CG, explain other git prompt variables

The use of these environment variables is documented within the
git source code: git/contrib/completion/git-prompt.sh

2 years agoWeb: Authors.itexi update
James Lowe [Thu, 20 Jul 2017 12:16:41 +0000 (13:16 +0100)]
Web: Authors.itexi update

Issue 5159

From October 2016 until
July 2017 Based on all
those contributors for
2.18.x and current 2.19.x.

2 years agoDoc: add comment about automatically generated documentation
Federico Bruni [Mon, 17 Jul 2017 11:27:44 +0000 (13:27 +0200)]
Doc: add comment about automatically generated documentation

This is mainly for translators. See this discussion:
http://lilypond-translations.3384276.n2.nabble.com/Doubt-about-ref-Align-in-text-itely-of-the-notationn-manual-td7572987.html

2 years agoPO: fetch eo form FTP
Jean-Charles Malahieude [Sat, 22 Jul 2017 10:28:34 +0000 (12:28 +0200)]
PO: fetch eo form FTP

2 years agoDoc: CG: Add guideline for use of 'CSS' prefix in commit messages
Paul Morris [Sat, 1 Jul 2017 14:25:36 +0000 (10:25 -0400)]
Doc: CG: Add guideline for use of 'CSS' prefix in commit messages

2 years agoRelease: bump VERSION.
Phil Holmes [Sat, 15 Jul 2017 13:23:33 +0000 (14:23 +0100)]
Release: bump VERSION.

2 years agoRelease: bump Welcome versions.
Phil Holmes [Sat, 15 Jul 2017 10:41:46 +0000 (11:41 +0100)]
Release: bump Welcome versions.

2 years agoRelease: update news.
Phil Holmes [Sat, 15 Jul 2017 10:41:46 +0000 (11:41 +0100)]
Release: update news.

2 years agoPO: update template.
Phil Holmes [Sat, 15 Jul 2017 10:41:46 +0000 (11:41 +0100)]
PO: update template.

2 years agoRelease: bump VERSION_DEVEL.
Phil Holmes [Sat, 15 Jul 2017 10:41:46 +0000 (11:41 +0100)]
Release: bump VERSION_DEVEL.

2 years agoWeb-fr: introduction
Jean-Charles Malahieude [Sat, 8 Jul 2017 10:56:42 +0000 (12:56 +0200)]
Web-fr: introduction

2 years agoDoc-fr: update committishes
Jean-Charles Malahieude [Sat, 8 Jul 2017 10:55:00 +0000 (12:55 +0200)]
Doc-fr: update committishes

2 years agoMerge branch 'master' into translation
Jean-Charles Malahieude [Fri, 7 Jul 2017 17:48:01 +0000 (19:48 +0200)]
Merge branch 'master' into translation

2 years agoWeb-ja: add search-box
Tomohiro Tatejima [Fri, 7 Jul 2017 04:21:59 +0000 (13:21 +0900)]
Web-ja: add search-box

2 years agoWeb-ja: update macros
Tomohiro Tatejima [Fri, 7 Jul 2017 04:21:50 +0000 (13:21 +0900)]
Web-ja: update macros

2 years agoWeb-ja: update introduction
Tomohiro Tatejima [Wed, 5 Jul 2017 14:48:35 +0000 (23:48 +0900)]
Web-ja: update introduction

2 years agoWeb-ja: update introduction
Tomohiro Tatejima [Sun, 2 Jul 2017 23:21:06 +0000 (08:21 +0900)]
Web-ja: update introduction

2 years agoDoc-es: improve word.
Francisco Vila [Sun, 2 Jul 2017 10:11:12 +0000 (12:11 +0200)]
Doc-es: improve word.

2 years agoTypo.
Francisco Vila [Sun, 2 Jul 2017 10:07:33 +0000 (12:07 +0200)]
Typo.

2 years agoDoc: CSS: Add a maximum width for the sidebar in the manuals
Paul Morris [Sat, 17 Jun 2017 21:44:16 +0000 (17:44 -0400)]
Doc: CSS: Add a maximum width for the sidebar in the manuals

2 years agoDoc: CSS: A better brown for the usage manual
Paul Morris [Sat, 17 Jun 2017 21:43:11 +0000 (17:43 -0400)]
Doc: CSS: A better brown for the usage manual

2 years agoDoc: CSS: Add space between top-levels in sidebar
Paul Morris [Sat, 17 Jun 2017 19:40:57 +0000 (15:40 -0400)]
Doc: CSS: Add space between top-levels in sidebar

2 years agoRelease: bump VERSION.
Phil Holmes [Wed, 28 Jun 2017 12:35:15 +0000 (13:35 +0100)]
Release: bump VERSION.

2 years agoMerge remote-tracking branch 'origin/release/unstable' into HEAD
Phil Holmes [Wed, 28 Jun 2017 12:34:24 +0000 (13:34 +0100)]
Merge remote-tracking branch 'origin/release/unstable' into HEAD

2 years agoRelease: update news.
Phil Holmes [Wed, 28 Jun 2017 09:04:32 +0000 (10:04 +0100)]
Release: update news.

2 years ago#5150: Update Finnendahl testimony info
Urs Liska [Thu, 22 Jun 2017 16:23:13 +0000 (18:23 +0200)]
#5150: Update Finnendahl testimony info

2 years agoRelease: bump Welcome versions.
Phil Holmes [Sun, 25 Jun 2017 10:44:05 +0000 (11:44 +0100)]
Release: bump Welcome versions.

2 years agoRelease: update news.
Phil Holmes [Sun, 25 Jun 2017 10:44:05 +0000 (11:44 +0100)]
Release: update news.

2 years agoPO: update template.
Phil Holmes [Sun, 25 Jun 2017 10:44:05 +0000 (11:44 +0100)]
PO: update template.

2 years agoRelease: bump VERSION_DEVEL.
Phil Holmes [Sun, 25 Jun 2017 10:44:05 +0000 (11:44 +0100)]
Release: bump VERSION_DEVEL.

2 years agoRun scripts/auxiliar/makelsr.py
David Kastrup [Sun, 25 Jun 2017 10:35:01 +0000 (12:35 +0200)]
Run scripts/auxiliar/makelsr.py

2 years agoIssue 5148/2: three-sided-box snippet: use #:properties keyword
David Kastrup [Sat, 10 Jun 2017 19:14:08 +0000 (21:14 +0200)]
Issue 5148/2: three-sided-box snippet: use #:properties keyword

2 years agoIssue 5148/1: Various chain-assoc-get -> #:properties
David Kastrup [Fri, 16 Jun 2017 08:50:58 +0000 (10:50 +0200)]
Issue 5148/1: Various chain-assoc-get -> #:properties

2 years agoDoc: update translation status
Jean-Charles Malahieude [Sat, 24 Jun 2017 13:01:07 +0000 (15:01 +0200)]
Doc: update translation status

2 years agoDoc-fr: NR-1.5.2 merging rests
Jean-Charles Malahieude [Sat, 24 Jun 2017 12:50:13 +0000 (14:50 +0200)]
Doc-fr: NR-1.5.2 merging rests

2 years agoMerge branch 'master' into translation
Jean-Charles Malahieude [Sat, 24 Jun 2017 11:39:43 +0000 (13:39 +0200)]
Merge branch 'master' into translation

2 years agoMinor error message improvement.
Werner Lemberg [Tue, 20 Jun 2017 13:37:58 +0000 (15:37 +0200)]
Minor error message improvement.

2 years agoIssue 5147: Add whether to use OTF feature depending on Pango version
Masamichi Hosoda [Tue, 13 Jun 2017 12:16:45 +0000 (21:16 +0900)]
Issue 5147: Add whether to use OTF feature depending on Pango version

Issue 1388 requires Pango 1.38+ for using OpenType font feature.
However, LilyDev 4.1 has Pango 1.36.8.
So it cannot compile Issue 1388.

This commit makes LilyPond can be configured
without OpenType font feature if Pango is old.
Therefore, LilyPond become to be able to compile
even by LilyDev 4.1 that has old Pango.

However, the binary that compiled by LilyDev 4.1
cannot use OpenType font feature.
It is required Pango 1.38+ if you'd like to use the feature.

2 years agoIssue 1388: Initial work to support opentype font features.
Jay Anderson [Sun, 31 Jan 2016 05:45:32 +0000 (22:45 -0700)]
Issue 1388: Initial work to support opentype font features.

2 years agoCreate engravers for merging rests
Jay Anderson [Mon, 19 Jun 2017 11:58:17 +0000 (12:58 +0100)]
Create engravers for merging rests

Issue 1228

This commit includes engravers
for merging rests and multimeasure
rests among multiple voices.

2 years agoWeb-es: fix node name.
Francisco Vila [Sun, 18 Jun 2017 08:57:35 +0000 (10:57 +0200)]
Web-es: fix node name.

2 years agoDoc-es: various updates.
Francisco Vila [Sun, 18 Jun 2017 08:32:48 +0000 (10:32 +0200)]
Doc-es: various updates.

Including Changes, Common, Fundamental, Changing, Simultaneous, Spacing, and web/Community.

2 years agoMerge branch 'translation' into staging
Jean-Charles Malahieude [Sat, 17 Jun 2017 16:28:03 +0000 (18:28 +0200)]
Merge branch 'translation' into staging

2 years agoDoc-fr: fix bad committishes
Jean-Charles Malahieude [Sat, 17 Jun 2017 16:24:35 +0000 (18:24 +0200)]
Doc-fr: fix bad committishes

2 years agoDoc-fr: NR-changing-defaults
Jean-Charles Malahieude [Sat, 17 Jun 2017 16:21:19 +0000 (18:21 +0200)]
Doc-fr: NR-changing-defaults

2 years agolilypond-manuals.css: edit color scheme and some spacing
Paul Morris [Mon, 22 May 2017 19:02:52 +0000 (15:02 -0400)]
lilypond-manuals.css: edit color scheme and some spacing

Simplifies the color scheme. Main motivation is to avoid fully
saturated bright colors on code box borders, which distract from
the content, and to use stronger/darker colors in table of
contents sidebars instead of lighter pastel colors.

Affects table of contents sidebars, borders around code boxes,
footers, note boxes, advanced boxes, main/top page for a manual,
and grey navigation bars/rows/strips.

2 years agoMerge branch 'master' into translation
Jean-Charles Malahieude [Sat, 17 Jun 2017 15:38:46 +0000 (17:38 +0200)]
Merge branch 'master' into translation

2 years agoIssue 5141: Fix typos in \offset documentation
David Nalesnik [Wed, 7 Jun 2017 14:41:20 +0000 (09:41 -0500)]
Issue 5141: Fix typos in \offset documentation

- Fix errors in description of OttavaBracket example
- Minor improvements in wording

2 years agoDoc-it: add missing @ before braces in @example (LM-fundamental)
Jean-Charles Malahieude [Sat, 17 Jun 2017 10:07:30 +0000 (12:07 +0200)]
Doc-it: add missing @ before braces in @example (LM-fundamental)

2 years agoIssue 5146: Don't use \line in the implementation of \concat
David Kastrup [Mon, 12 Jun 2017 18:33:40 +0000 (20:33 +0200)]
Issue 5146: Don't use \line in the implementation of \concat

It doesn't really make any sense to override word-space temporarily
and it does not make sense to heed text-direction when putting together
stuff without actual word boundaries.

2 years agoIssue 5145/2: Allow $... to specify a markup command
David Kastrup [Mon, 12 Jun 2017 11:44:51 +0000 (13:44 +0200)]
Issue 5145/2: Allow $... to specify a markup command

This is a partial (though more flexible) substitute for \on-the-fly
since it allows to replace

\on-the-fly #(lambda (layout props args) ...)

with

$(let ((fun (lambda (layout props args) ...)))
   (set! (markup-command-signature fun) (list markup?))
   fun)

Namely: ad-hoc written functions (probably most useful when written
using macros) can be employed as markup commands when preceded with $
as long as they have a suitable markup command signature attached.
This feature is mainly added for consistency with music functions.

2 years agoIssue 5145/1: Lexer: factor out push_markup_predicates
David Kastrup [Mon, 12 Jun 2017 11:21:55 +0000 (13:21 +0200)]
Issue 5145/1: Lexer: factor out push_markup_predicates

2 years agoRelease: bump VERSION.
Phil Holmes [Sat, 10 Jun 2017 14:41:56 +0000 (15:41 +0100)]
Release: bump VERSION.

2 years agoRelease: bump Welcome versions.
Phil Holmes [Sat, 10 Jun 2017 11:26:25 +0000 (12:26 +0100)]
Release: bump Welcome versions.

2 years agoRelease: update news.
Phil Holmes [Sat, 10 Jun 2017 11:26:25 +0000 (12:26 +0100)]
Release: update news.

2 years agoPO: update template.
Phil Holmes [Sat, 10 Jun 2017 11:26:25 +0000 (12:26 +0100)]
PO: update template.

2 years agoRelease: bump VERSION_DEVEL.
Phil Holmes [Sat, 10 Jun 2017 11:26:25 +0000 (12:26 +0100)]
Release: bump VERSION_DEVEL.

2 years agoDoc-it: update
Federico Bruni [Tue, 30 May 2017 10:02:05 +0000 (12:02 +0200)]
Doc-it: update

2 years agoFix granados example
Phil Holmes [Mon, 29 May 2017 16:29:40 +0000 (17:29 +0100)]
Fix granados example

2 years agoabc2ly: Support R (rhythm / meter) and Z (transcription) fields
Paul Morris [Mon, 22 May 2017 19:35:40 +0000 (15:35 -0400)]
abc2ly: Support R (rhythm / meter) and Z (transcription) fields

2 years agoRelease: bump VERSION.
Phil Holmes [Sun, 21 May 2017 09:49:17 +0000 (10:49 +0100)]
Release: bump VERSION.

2 years agoMerge remote-tracking branch 'origin/release/unstable' into HEAD
Phil Holmes [Sun, 21 May 2017 09:48:37 +0000 (10:48 +0100)]
Merge remote-tracking branch 'origin/release/unstable' into HEAD

2 years agoRelease: correct news.
Phil Holmes [Sat, 20 May 2017 12:17:06 +0000 (13:17 +0100)]
Release: correct news.

2 years agoRelease: bump Welcome versions.
Phil Holmes [Sat, 20 May 2017 12:16:16 +0000 (13:16 +0100)]
Release: bump Welcome versions.

2 years agoRelease: update news.
Phil Holmes [Sat, 20 May 2017 12:16:16 +0000 (13:16 +0100)]
Release: update news.

2 years agoPO: update template.
Phil Holmes [Sat, 20 May 2017 12:16:16 +0000 (13:16 +0100)]
PO: update template.

2 years agoRelease: bump VERSION_DEVEL.
Phil Holmes [Sat, 20 May 2017 12:16:16 +0000 (13:16 +0100)]
Release: bump VERSION_DEVEL.

2 years agoDoc: update translation status
Jean-Charles Malahieude [Sat, 20 May 2017 12:05:21 +0000 (14:05 +0200)]
Doc: update translation status

2 years agoDoc-fr: Changes, LM and NR-spacing
Jean-Charles Malahieude [Sat, 20 May 2017 11:58:36 +0000 (13:58 +0200)]
Doc-fr: Changes, LM and NR-spacing

2 years agoMerge branch 'master' into translation
Jean-Charles Malahieude [Sat, 20 May 2017 08:54:15 +0000 (10:54 +0200)]
Merge branch 'master' into translation

2 years agoDoc-ca: Contributing notation/staff.itely and correcting errors
Walter Garcia-Fontes [Sun, 14 May 2017 17:43:56 +0000 (19:43 +0200)]
Doc-ca: Contributing notation/staff.itely and correcting errors

2 years agoDoc: fix errors in variable definitions - issue #5132
Federico Bruni [Fri, 5 May 2017 12:20:32 +0000 (14:20 +0200)]
Doc: fix errors in variable definitions - issue #5132

2 years ago#5133: Clean up GSoC page (after project announcement)
Urs Liska [Fri, 5 May 2017 12:51:46 +0000 (14:51 +0200)]
#5133: Clean up GSoC page (after project announcement)

a) remove the accepted 2017 project
b) make some minor changes for stuff that did only apply in the
   previous stage.

2 years agoRelease: bump VERSION.
Phil Holmes [Tue, 9 May 2017 10:08:21 +0000 (11:08 +0100)]
Release: bump VERSION.

2 years agoMerge remote-tracking branch 'origin/release/unstable' into HEAD
Phil Holmes [Tue, 9 May 2017 10:07:39 +0000 (11:07 +0100)]
Merge remote-tracking branch 'origin/release/unstable' into HEAD

2 years agoIssue 5131 Avoid possible segfault in stencil-with-color
Thomas Morley [Tue, 2 May 2017 22:58:02 +0000 (00:58 +0200)]
Issue 5131 Avoid possible segfault in stencil-with-color

Check whether the argument is of type color at all

2 years agoRelease: update news.
Phil Holmes [Mon, 8 May 2017 13:17:07 +0000 (14:17 +0100)]
Release: update news.

2 years agoMerge remote-tracking branch 'origin/master' into release/unstable
Phil Holmes [Mon, 8 May 2017 13:15:32 +0000 (14:15 +0100)]
Merge remote-tracking branch 'origin/master' into release/unstable

2 years agoReplace WORD token in parser and lexer with SYMBOL
David Kastrup [Sun, 7 May 2017 21:31:13 +0000 (23:31 +0200)]
Replace WORD token in parser and lexer with SYMBOL

This is a fixup on issue 5113 since Windows header files already
define WORD as a preprocessor token, making Gub fail compilation.

2 years agoRelease: bump Welcome versions.
Phil Holmes [Sun, 7 May 2017 10:43:12 +0000 (11:43 +0100)]
Release: bump Welcome versions.

2 years agoRelease: update news.
Phil Holmes [Sun, 7 May 2017 10:43:12 +0000 (11:43 +0100)]
Release: update news.